This week, I don’t really have any book or movie reviews, so I will go over some of this week’s inspirational song lyrics and poems. If anyone at all has a suggestion for what I should write about next or for another oncoming post, comment below on one of my posts!
So this week, I ran into a bunch of inspirational quotes and lyrics on Pinterest, which really inspired me for some of my writing and poetry. Usually, I just run into them randomly, which is actually quite funny because I am always trying to look for some but never see any particularly appealing. Sometimes I’ll get hooked to a song for hours, and that’s when I discover some pretty good lines in them that may inspire me. Here are a few I found this week:
1. I ran into this one by total accident the other day. All of a sudden, this is a recommended pin on my feed, but I soon remembered that this is one of my favorite lines from a Mumford and Songs. I liked the fact that they mentioned using their head with their heart because both are important. It’s using logic and feeling to grasp onto the situation. I really found that interesting.
2. Too often we found ourselves hating and complaining about things in our lives, but what good does it do really? This short poem explains that we should love what loves us but hate exhausts us, and there’s no reason we should hate for no reason. Loving something is so much more calming and relaxing than complaints and hate.
3. I’ve found myself listening to ‘Rather Be’ by Clean Bandit on repeat this week, and I really have no idea why. Maybe it’s because of the positivity in the song, plus it has a nice tune. This line in the song is especially positive, because it talks about going through a rough experience but not breaking from it.
4. I really wish I knew who wrote this because it’s so true! Half truth is the same as lying, because the whole story is being stated and only part of it is being said. Noone reads and writes half a story, because what happened to the other half? It might as well be a lie if not everything is being told.
5. This actually reminded me of one of my characters from my book I am writing. She’s a bit of a dreamer even though she’s basically seen everything. When I saw this quote, it was an inspiration for my writing.
6. Yes, I had to add this! I like the truth in it though. Hanging out with the wrong people (the crows) will confuse ourselves and cause us to become like them. This doesn’t mean all crows are evil (though they are usually the bad guy’s pet in movies) but the main point is that who we hang out with will influence us, which is why it’s important to choose our friends carefully.
And there you have it folks; some of the main quotes and lyrics of this week! There are a ton more that I found (you can check out my ‘ Quotes and Lyrics’ board on my Pinterest account (see ‘About This Blog’ for the link.)) but those are the ones I found touching, important, and true.
Have a wonderful weekend!